The Cresson Tuberculosis Sanatorium treated more than 40,000 patients suffering from tuberculosis between 1913 and 1964. The sanatorium opened as both a hospital and long-term residential care facility, to treat both individuals and entire families who had tuberculosis. The Cresson Sanatorium was called “The San” by those who worked and spent time there as patients. The impressive Tudor-style buildings at “The San” made it look more like a college campus than a hospital complex.
Thanks for stopping